A wedding has to be one of the most important events in someone's life. Make it extra special with coordinating decorations using ribbons, trims and fabric from Gwen Studios, available exclusively at your local Walmart and online at Walmart.com!
As an industry designer, I received the following selection of product from Gwen Studios with the request to create one or two projects appropriate for a wedding. With SO many ideas to choose from, it wasn't easy to decide what to do, so I'm sharing a sampling of quick'n EZ ideas together with instructions for a couple of my favorites!
Let's start with a firm favorite - something every bride will need.....
Woven Ribbon Ring Pillow
- 3 yds 7/8" Grosgrain ribbon - White
- 3 yds 7/8" Satin ribbon - White
- 1 yd 1 1/2" Satin ribbon - White
- 1 yd 3/8" Grosgrain ribbon - White
- Blush (or White) Satin and Rhinestone trim
- Crochet style lace trim - White & Lavendar
- Two 10"x10" squares of white fabric (I used old handkerchiefs)
- Needle and white thread (or sewing machine)
- 1/8" double sided adhesive
- Beaded quilt pins
- Cotton balls
6. Place the woven piece on top of the second piece of fabric; trim as needed. Place the narrow white ribbon along the top edge of the woven piece then fold the 1" trim over the edge of the fabric, pin then stitch in place. The narrow ribbon will be encased under the lace trim along the top edges for a neater look. Leave an opening along one edge of the pillow so it can be filled.
- Coordinating Voile fabric
- 3/8" White satin or grosgrain ribbon
- Textured/bouclé style yarn in a coordinating color
- White cord (for garland)