Not sure why, but you're supposed to say this before uttering any other words on March 1st. It's just one of those things we remember from our childhood.... LOL
There’s always a reason to celebrate each month of the year, and whether or not March arrives like a lion or a lamb, it heralds St. Patrick’s day and all the fun that goes along with it, so let's make some decorations, without spending too much "green". Here's a place mat, candle collar and a few shamrocks to get you started.
- Kunin Classics™ Felt 9”x 12” – Apple Green (one for each mat)
- Kunin Friendly Glitter Felt 9”x 12” – Apple Green
- Kunin Premium Felt 12” x 18” - White (one for each mat)
- Chenille glitter stems
- Adhesive backed acrylic jewels - green
- Extra strong glue dots
- Fabric glue
- LED Pillar Candle
Instructions - Place mat:
1. Cut one 8” x 8”, filigree shamrock shape from green classic felt using the rotary blade on the default setting. Place the felt horizontally on the mat and you will be able to add 3 simple heart shapes, which can be used to make Shamrocks.
2. Carefully remove the felt surrounding the shapes from the mat then weed the large shape.
3. Cut one 9” x 9”, large shamrock shape from white premium felt using the rotary blade with more pressure.
4. Position, then glue the green filigree shamrock on top of the white shamrock and voilà, your placemat is finished.
5. Place 3 or more together for a table runner, or use individually as needed.
1. Upload the small shamrock pattern into design space. Adjust the height to 4” then copy and paste 2 additional images. Overlap, select all, then weld to create the border. Change the length as needed to wrap around your candle or container. Note: You can also use this to decorate an empty plastic bottle, tin can, or other container to use for candy, gold coins, flowers, or shamrocks....
2. Cut from premium white felt using the rotary blade with more pressure. Remove the felt from around the border then gently weed. You can weed while the felt is still on the mat, or remove it first.
3. Cut one strip of green glitter a little wider and about 1/2" longer than the shamrock border. Glue the white, shamrock border on top. Wrap around the candle, or container, overlap then glue the ends. Add a green, adhesive "jewel" to the center of each shamrock.
1. If you cut the extra hearts, you can use these to make shamrocks.
2. Fold each heart in half lengthwise. With folded edges aligned, stack 3 together. Pinch at the bottom then wrap chenille stem around the ends to secure.
It’s fun to make a bunch of these and add an extra heart to one of them for luck!
Select pattern to download png file ©2011-Julie McGuffee
May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind always be at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
and rains fall soft upon your fields...
And, until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of His hand
May you always find a pot of gold at the end of your rainbow... Enjoy! Y'all come back now........
KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON CRAFTING!