Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Dress It Up with Ribbon!

        When life throws you a busy ball, but you still want to be creative, look for a simple surface at your local Walmart, or Dollar Tree and dress it up with ribbon! There are so many styles of holiday ribbons to choose from, it will make all your holiday decorating quick'n EZ.....  

        I was really excited to receive samples of die cut ribbon from Gwen Studios. I love all the little  intricate shapes and they can be used on pretty much anything!  Here are just a couple of ideas:

        I had some inexpensive outdoor pillows that I picked up earlier from the outdoor garden center at Walmart.  All I needed now was a little fabric glue to give them some added sparkle.  What a difference it made!

I added small, green and red bows to the top of each ornament and a length of the red Holiday Lights die cut ribbon along the side of the truck. See how much more festive the pillows look now!

        I also love to shop at the Dollar Tree and had purchased a simple wood shape for my Harvest decorating.  The back was plain, so with a quick coat of white paint, embroidered letters, a simple embellishment, and the gold reindeer holiday die cut ribbon on top of the red ribbon, I had a simple holiday flip for Christmas in no time at all!  


 

        You can find more inspiration on the Designer Crafts Connection blog.  What will you make? The  possibilities are endless! 

Yours truly,

Julie 💝

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON CRAFTING!



3 comments:

  1. I love the addition to your pillows it really did add to them well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you flipped from Harvest to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Christmas Pillows are really cute, Julie! Love the truck and buffalo plaid.

    ReplyDelete