Sunday, May 3, 2015

iRock Sparkle!

I've been Spring cleaning and in one of the boxes I uncovered, I found some inspirational projects from the time when I was demonstrating the Fiskars Ultra Shape Express and templates for fabric.  I had ironed adhesive stabilizer onto the back of a variety of fabric and was using the heart template to cut out some hearts.  I then layered the hearts and ironed them onto T-shirts, aprons, pillows and the brim of  a denim hat.  It didn't take long for my grandaughter to claim the hat as hers.  "But Nana", she explained,  "it needs some sparkle.  Can we put some jewels on it, pleeeeeze?" I'd also found an iRock, battery operated adhesive jewel setting tool and some jewels, so we set to work.  This is what the fabric hearts originally looked like:

 

With the jewel setting tool I outlined the inside of each heart with clear crystals then added a single strand of Connie Crystal jewels around the edge of crown. EZPZ......  fit for a princess.

And here's my granddaughter rocking the sparkle like only a 6, almost 7 yr old can......

 

In case you haven't already guessed, the Designer Crafts Connection theme for this month's  First Monday post is - All About Bling.  Use the DCC logo in my sidebar to hop thru our webring and see what other designers created.  Enjoy!  Y'all come back now.......

Yours truly,
Julie :)

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON CRAFTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment