Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Scrapbook Soup

Show 209 is online until Friday noon EST @ www.scrapbooktv.com   This is what you'll be seeing on this show:

During the open I shared a digital storybook/scrapbook I made for my daughter and a journal my sister made for my husband - years before scrapbooking was a trend.  I love photography and digital storytelling/scrapbooking is a natural creative addition to my hobby.   On each of the pages I used one photograph as the background then layered additional photos on top.  In the past, I've also created pages where I've scanned actual items, like a smocked dress my mum made for me when I was 7 years old.  I used this for the background to a black & white photo of me wearing the dress.  This wasn't even a digital page!  I printed the background then put the photo on top and placed it in an album.




The first project was designed to show some new, creative uses for Painter® markers and regular white glue from Elmer's.  I used the Painters to trace patterns onto acetate so I could create a design on top of tie dyed glitter paper.  For the second technique I showed how you can mix white glue with paint, sponge it on to foam board then sprinkle with glitter for a matching background for my page.  Then, as you can see, I framed the whole page (which was glued to the foam board) with a wood laser frame (from Michaels).


Susan Lenart Kazmer joined us next with a project that also celebrated mixed media art.  Watch the show to see how she combined mica, metal, ribbon and more for this elaborate steampunk style, mixed media journal.



Nancy Hill from Die Cuts With a View shared her grandmother's 100 year old scrapbook then showed us more recent journals it had inspired.  Scrapbooks, Journals, Smash Books, Jot Journals, Diaries and more are all ways we keep track of our daily lives.  They are places for photos, notes, ticket stubs - whatever you like and lots of fun to look back on 25, 50 or even 100 years from now!   




Our final segment was Party Time!  Julie and I are always up for a party and this collection was designed by Julia Sandvoss for Glue Arts.  You can find instructions for all the projects we showed on our website.



And finally we shared one more journal at the end of the show.  This one was designed by Ann Butler.  You can find information about how to create this journal on her blog @ http://www.creativitystirsthesoul.com/ 2012/01/journaling-with-designers-craft.html


Since December is the gift giving month of the year, I have another giveaway for you, but this time it's a mystery box, full of products you've seen on the show.  Enter to win by watching the show then commenting here about your favorite projects.  Don't forget to check our FB page @ http://www.facebook.com/ScrapbookSoup to see whether you are a lucky winner or not!  Enjoy the show and y'all come back now!

Yours truly
Julie :)

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON CRAFTING!

2 comments:

  1. I love your use of the photos for the background images on your pages- the smocked dress scan is brilliant! And wow- to be able to look through a 100yr old scrapbook- what a great look into the past!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your show and DVR it every day, so I can catch every detail!! I also love learning new techniques and using the Painter® markers and Elmer's glue to trace patterns onto acetate to create a design on top of the tie dyed glitter paper is amazing. And mixing the white glue with paint, sponging it on to foam board and then sprinkling it with glitter for a matching background for my pages is a genius idea!! I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing....GREAT program!!

    ReplyDelete