Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Votives 2

I'd forgotten how much fun it was to wield a sponge brush dipped in Mod Podge.  I've already given away the votives I made with napkins, so this time I thought I'd use orange tissue paper.  I cut strips long enough to go around the glass votive and about 2.25" wide - a little less than the height of the glass.   I adhered one strip around the glass with Mod Podge same as the instructions on my post below.  While the découpaged tissue paper was drying, I printed Halloween silhouette images, sized to fit, onto an adhesive ink jet transparency sheet then adhered the image on top of the tissue paper.  This is what they look like:



They hardly take any time at all to make and at $7.99 for a box of 16 at Michaels they're pretty inexpensive - even less if you have a 40% off coupon!  Try some for yourself.  You can find Halloween silhouette images to use on my images page right here.  They are copyrighted, but you're welcome to use them for personal use.    Had another idea - decorate mason jars (same as the votives); wrap wire around the neck and make a handle. Display hanging from tree branches, or on your patio.  Y'all come back now.....

Yours truly,
Julie :) 

1 comment:

  1. Love these! And the possibilities are endless! Thinking about Christmas, birthdays, etc. Even a non-specific, but pretty home dec project to just have on hand! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete