Saturday, August 13, 2011

New Books!

You may remember that a couple of months ago I mentioned that I was working on some decorative painting booklets for Deco Art.  It was during that time while I had all my paints and brushes out that I agreed to paint the Bavarian Wedding box for the lady from Kentucky.  Well, guess what - the booklets are back from the printers and here they are:


You'll probably find the booklets in the same aisle where DecoArt paints are sold, or maybe with the glass pieces or stencils.  I purchased all the pieces I used from my local Michaels store.  BTW, the little girl's T-Shirt dress shown at the end of the stencil booklet was made from an adult, size Small T-Shirt.  The child's chair on the front of the stencil book is also from Michaels.  It's easy to paint because it comes unassembled.  You get paint all the pieces first, then put it together.  EZPZ :)


The glass book is my favorite.  I've always loved painting on glass, since there's not much surface prep involved.   Don't you just love this giant Martini glass!  And, not just for punch, these wine glasses are a great table decoration with an LCD candle inside, especially if you paint over the dragonfly wings with DecoArt Craft Twinkle™ paint.
And here's an easy project that anyone can paint.   I used the handle of a paintbrush to make the flowers on the vase!  Even the plate was easy.  I painted on both the front and back of the plate for added dimension.  The booklets include step by step photos along with the instruction and, if you have more questions, you know where to find me  :)



Not sure when they'll be available, but keep checking your local hobby and craft stores!  Y'all come back now.........

Yours truly,
Julie :) 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new books! They look wonderful! I love the bird on the cover of the glossy glass & more! I would buy the book just for that! I agree...painting on glass is great fun! Thanks for sharing!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing the creativity! I never tried painting on glass but it looks very appealing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather M.8/14/2011

    I agree that the glass painting is the best. It brings the colors out so bright. Congrats on the books & I will sure to look for them.

    ReplyDelete