Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's a Slippery Slope


Can you believe it's already October, the beginning of the busiest craft season of the year! During the next few weeks we'll be decorating for Halloween/Fall, if you haven't done so already, followed by Thanksgiving then Christmas (or any other holiday you may celebrate). It's definitely not too soon to start thinking about all the cool gifts and decorations you can make to amaze your friends and family.

My friend, and business partner, Jean, and I taught Christmas craft classes at the CHA Supershow this past summer in Chicago. Christmas in July is always a "stretch" for me, but October.... well that's another story. If I don't start now, nothing will get done. I have to admit though, that I live by the old adage, "if it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done". Christmas is like birthdays, it comes every year whether we're ready or not, and each New Year I make a resolution to be more prepared - let's just say, I'm not the boy scout type.......

However, YOU may want to start early, so here are photos of the projects I designed for my Christmas Crafts class. All the supplies are easy to find at your local craft store and I will post a list of instructions on the Christmas Crafts page (see left column under pages). I also have some kits available, which I will post in my Etsy shop. The kits will include everything you need to create ALL of the projects, including things like glue! ETSY Shop!!!!!! Yes, I have an Etsy shop, but it's empty at the moment.........











You'll have to be patient with me, I still have to load everything to the shop. Once I've got it all figured out, I will announce the GRAND OPENING of Craft Lane Designs. Hopefully it will be up and running by the weekend. I have "Nana duty" thru mid October, so my time is a little limited at the mo; another reason I haven't posted for a week! My bad.............

Yours truly,
Julie :)

1 comment:

  1. loved meeting you at cha!

    I hope that you will follow our Think Pink blog hop this weekend! :)

    http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com

    I am also looking for sponsors for another blog hop at the end of the month.

    hugs,
    Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete