Here's a quick'n EZ project for kids to make for Easter.
Supplies are readily available - I'm sure you'll have everything you need at home.
- Sheet of letter sized paper - 8 1/2" x 11"
- Black and pink crayons, markers, or colored pencils
- Empty plastic bottle and cap
1. Fold the paper in half lengthways then cut along the fold.
2. Fold one of the pieces in half then cut in two along the fold.
3. Make the head: Fold one of the small pieces in half and draw the pattern on one side as shown. The pattern is a wide circle with a little dip at the top. Cut out then unfold.
4. Make the ears: Fold the second small piece in half then cut along the fold. Place one piece on top of the other with edges aligned, then fold in half. Draw part of a circle from the top of one folded edge to the other then cut out.
5. Color the center of the ears pink. Draw a pink nose on the head above the dip. Add 2 black eyes and some whiskers. Draw teeth at the top of the large (body) piece at the center.
6. Put a piece of tape at the back of the body above the teeth then stick the head on top at the front.
7. Flip the head and body piece over and tape one ear to the back of the head. Tape the second ear on top of the first.
8. Place the empty bottle on top of the bunny, then pull the edges of the "body" around the bottle. Overlap the edges then stick together with tape. Don't make the wrap too tight, you will want to be able to remove the bottle.
Fill the bottle with water and add a flower from your yard, or fill with small pieces of candy - jelly beans would be nice and colorful. Don't forget to put the bottle cap on if you do this.
Before wrapping, you could write "Some Bunny Loves You" on the front.
What a fun gift this would be to leave on your neighbor's or friend's doorstep during Easter week!
If you would like a pattern, you can download one here - it's free.......... Enjoy!
KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON CRAFTING!