Thursday, January 14, 2010

California Here I Come!

Next week at this time I'll be heading for Anaheim!  God willing and the creek don't rise that is.......  The creek rising is a distinct possibility around here.  It rained so much one year the water almost reached the back fence and the road to and from the area was flooded in both directions.  We had no power for almost 4 days.  The stove is gas, so I could cook, but we had no water since we have a well and, of course the pump is electric.  None of that bothered us too much, it was the huge vultures that sat on the back fence that gave us the "eebie jeebies"........  As usual, I digress.

I've been so busy this month (and yes the tree is still up.  So much for 12th night.)  I'm teaching 2 small workshops at the Craft Academy at the CHA Supershow.  The first is on Friday evening at 7pm. This is a Spirelli workshop.  Spirelli is basically string art and a cool way to make embellishments.  Anyway I'll be showing you how to do it and here's a picture of what it looks like.

 

The second class is all about decorative painting.  Did I say these classes are only 45 mins!  Obviously I can't tell you everything in such a short time, but I'll show you some basic brush strokes and so you'll be able to paint this.  This class is at noon on Saturday.

It's a 4" tile and we'll paint it with Gloss Enamels, so we won't have to worry about prepping surfaces, etc that has to be done with wood.  Did I say already that the classes are FREE, that's right FREE!!
I'll be in the KidZone on Friday then in the Michaels booth for a MITI on Saturday afternoon at 2pm. Hope to see you there!

Yours truly,
Julie  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment