Saturday, September 19, 2009

Christmas is Coming!




In less than 100 days!!!! I am never ready for Christmas, but, guess what, it comes whether I'm ready or not. Each year I think I'll be more prepared - ha - it's the thought that counts! This year I got a head start. I've been working with a fun product called Smoothfoam. It's a dense, lightweight material with a nice smooth surface that can be painted without prep, glued and, if you don't want to glue stuff to it, you can pin things to it! It's great for topiaries, kissing balls and a whole lot of other projects. I LOVE the lightweight part - at last I can make photo cubes that don't break my tree branches and store them in a box that doesn't break my back when I lift it. Here are a couple of photos to get you in the spirit and whet your appetite. There's a few more on my website, www.juliemcguffee.com/projects, but you can see them all - and the supplies used to make them at Michaels. There's a Christmas endcap in the general crafts section with a free - yes FREE - booklet. Enjoy!

Yours truly,
Julie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment