Saturday, January 22, 2011

Painted Glass


It's hard to believe, but next week at this time I'll be at the Craft & Hobby Winter trade show in Los Angeles (did I spell that right?  It looks weird).  This is always an exciting show since most of the manufacturers are there to present their latest and greatest products for the coming year.  I have a preview list, but I'll get back to you later on that.  

One of the important events for this year is a small exhibit of designers' projects that have been featured in books, or magazines.  These will be on display throughout the show in the main lobby, then later donated to a professional auction house and all the proceeds will go to charity.  Here's my project from a book published by Leisure Arts, Garden of Glassware.  
 


 




















I love to paint, especially on glass, and painted glass is so popular now. The juice pitcher and plate were painted using DecoArt® Ultra Gloss Enamels, but the plate and cake plate featured on the back cover of the book were painted with DecoArt® Americana acrylic paints on etched glass.  This is my favorite technique, and etching glass is easy with etching products from b&b etchall®.  DecoArt is featuring a new glass painting program at the show, so I'll be sure to let you in on all the details after I get back.  Have a great weekend!

Yours truly,
Julie :)


2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!! Have fun at CHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/29/2011

    Oh my gosh, I love this! sort of Art Deco meets Mary Engelbreit! I'd love to be entered into a drawing to win this set!
    Congratulations on being published, and have a great time at CHA!

    Katie Wilson

    ReplyDelete