This is my project:
And these are the supplies I received plus a package of mat board. I also used DecoArt® Acrylic paint, a sea sponge and a box of Elmer's Craftbond pop-up medium Glue Spots, gros grain ribbon, twill tape and Elmer's Tacky glue:
This is how it all came together:
1. Dip a dampened sea sponge into a little DecoArt® Americana pink paint.
2. Sponge the paint all over 2 pieces of white mat board. Sponge lightly at first; you can always add more color.
3. Stamp the design onto the painted mat board. I used black ink. Note: Make sure the paint is dry.
4. With the patterned side facing down (on the die), cut two sets of shapes using the die.
5. Assemble two caddys, then glue the backs together. (I used Elmer's Tacky glue.)
6. Referring to the photograph, glue 5/8" wide, black gros grain ribbon around the top of the caddy about 1/4" from the edge then glue off white, or blush pink cotton twill tape on top of the black.
7. Create twine buttons as follows:
• Tie an overhand knot at the end of a 12" piece of twine.
• Push the knot into the center of a glue spot.
• Wind the twine around the center knot, pushing into the glue spot as you wind.
• When the spot is covered, cut the twine and push the end under the spot.
• Glue the twine buttons onto the twill border.
This little caddy is perfect for holding business cards, index cards and anything else you need to keep handy. Gluing two together, gives me twice the space to store my stuff! If you'd like to see more great projects created with this die, just hop forward via the Sizzix Fresh Vintage logo on the left.
Wouldn't you just love to have this die, some bakers' twine and two of Lara's stamps? Well here's a giveaway for you:
Here's how you enter to win:You will also see the blue, Designer Crafts Connection logo on the left, just above the Sizzix Fresh Vintage logo. Many of the DCC designers are also participating in Eileen's blog hop. Hop forward through these DCC designer blogs and see how many you can find with the Sizzix Fresh Vintage logo on their blog. If you complete the DCC hop, you will end up back here. Tell me how many are participating in my comments section and I will pick a winner from those of you who found them all. I will announce the winner on November 8th, so check back - you'll also find I'm having another Giveaway on November 8th - a Sizzix Sidekick with 2 sets of Sizzlets alphabets - Script and Girls are Weird!! Y'all come back now............