You'll need the following supplies, most of which you may already have around the house:
4" Smoothfoam Egg; 2" Smoothfoam ball, or cupcake shape; small disposable coffee cup; green Floral Plant Stake (or bamboo skewer painted green); small silk florets (from a hydrangea for example); glue gun; clear glitter glue stick; sequin pins; 1/2" Burlap ribbon; scrap of accent ribbon and/or curly ribbon; craft paint (color to match florets - not necessary if you use white florets); sponge pouncer and a rabbit "peep".
1. Push the plant stake into the bottom of the egg. Use as a handle while you pounce paint over the surface of the egg. Let dry.
2. Glue the end of the burlap ribbon at the bottom of the cup. Wrap the ribbon around the cup until it is completely covered. Glue at the top then cut. Glue either a ball, or a cupcake shape to the inside of the cup with the hole facing up.
3. Pull the small florets off the stems. Attach each floret to the surface of the egg with a pin until the surface is completely covered. Add a spot of glue to the center of each floret to cover the head of the pin.
4. Trim the stake to the desired length then push the end thru the center of the peep from the top down. Insert into the foam piece in the center of the cup. Secure with glue. Note: I let my peeps harden first by leaving them out of the package.
5. Tie a small bow around the stake at the base of the egg and/or add curly ribbon. Fill the cup with Easter candy.
GLUE GUN TIP: There are lots of colored glue sticks to be creative with. One of the challenges, however is emptying the glue gun when you wish to change color. You can use up the color already in the gun by making little dots of glue on wax paper, or a disposable foam plate to make "brad" accents for all kinds of projects, or if you have silicone molds, fill the shapes with glue for some really fun accent pieces. I have silicone button and floral molds which I used to make the embellishments shown below. These molds are for cake decorating, but perfect to use with glue and paper clay! The detail is amazing!
Hop to it! There aren't many days left, but you'll find this project EZPZ, quick'n EZ. Enjoy! Y'all come back now...............
KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON CRAFTING!