Thursday, December 13, 2012

Scrapbook Soup Show 210

Show 210 is now airing online at www.scrapbooksouptv.com.  Here's what you'll see this week:

This show is all about wall art.  We start by sharing a couple of ideas on how to use your scrapbooking supplies for wall art - brought to you by the letter "J".   Scrapbook paper comes in so many different colors and patterns, it's easy to find something to match the décor of any room.  I used torn scraps to cover a piece of foam board, or, if you need something thicker as a base, glue 2 or more pieces together.  I then glued the narrow ribbon around the outside edge and the letter on top.  This letter was decorated with doodles using dimensional glass paint.   The second was a simple frame covered with paper and additional embellishments from my stash.


If you loved the magic of a kaleidoscope as a child, then you'll LOVE this next project using software from KalCollections.  Julie takes you step by step thru the software and you can find detailed instructions on our website.


 

Marilyn Gossett joins me next with an entirely different kind of wall art using paper, burlap and a new kind of crazy hook!  You'll definitely be "hooked" on this new product.


Suzy West then shows Julie even more embossing techniques.  Yep, I'm going to say it - prepare to be "wowed"!  I especially love the tip about putting it in the freezer - you'll have to watch to see what I'm talking about.



And finally I have another project that hangs on the wall.......


Our featured journal this week was designed and created by Debra Quartermain.  Debra works primarily with fabric, so you'll see that her representation of a journal is much different than the ones we've seen before.


Don't forget that instructions for all the projects you see on the show can be found at


Enjoy the show and don't forget to comment here on your favourite projects and/or techniques and you'll be entered to win this week's holiday giveaway.  The winner will be announced on our Scrapbook Soup FB page.  (US addresses only please.)  You can also see photos of all the projects on our Pinterest board.  Have a great week and y'all come back now!

Yours truly,
Julie :)

2 comments:

  1. JOANNA SHOEMAKER12/14/2012

    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the layered kaleidoscope project that Julie did. I am going to scan the chaple where my husband & I got married & make a shadow box. Question...can the actual coloring of the photo be changed (like sepia or other colors)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great software program! I'm sure you can change the color of the photo, but I would do this before importing it into the Kaleidoscope software. Hope this helps JMc :)

      Delete