Monday, December 6, 2010

St. Nicklaus


December 6th is the day we honor St. Nicholas, a fourth century monk who used to leave gifts in the shoes which were left outside the home.  The date is a little more personal for me since it's our wedding anniversary - 36 years today and still counting.  I often joke that I left a pair of men's shoes outside my door and my husband was my gift from St. Nick.....

I love traditions.  There's definitely something comforting about family traditions - I truly believe they are a constant, which provides a sense of security in today's ever changing world.  No matter how small or insignificant, traditions are important and many of them go unrecognized until we suddenly forget to do something.  It's tradition, for example, to eat Black Eyed Peas on New Year's day.  No one ever eats them in our family, but everyone would notice if they weren't on the table for our New Year's dinner.

Check out my holiday newsletter at the Memory Keeping Collection for more interesting holiday tidbits.
Enjoy and, ya'll come back now!

Yours truly,
Julie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment