Sunday, July 18, 2010

Empty Nest...


Something odd happened today. We grilled on the porch today and, of course, the little ones wanted to peek at the baby birds. All was well. They still sleep a lot and we hardly see any activity, but they seem to have all their feathers now, at least as far as I can tell. However, early this evening everyone had gone home and we'd finished picking up, etc. I looked in the nest and there they weren't - gone!! All four of them!! Nowhere to be found - and there aren't a lot of places to hide. I must admit I felt a bit let down. I was hoping to capture them perched on the edge of the pot, learning to fly, or whatever it is that little birds do. I certainly never expected them to be huddled together one minute and gone the next. Totally - weird. Oh well.........

Hope you had a great weekend!

Yours truly,
Julie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment