Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

I wonder what this new decade will bring.......  the craft industry changed quite a bit over the past 10 years, but that's the nature of crafts - inherent creativity.  Nothing would be happening if things weren't changing.  Seems like the past ten years was the "digital decade".  It was all about computers, digital cameras and social networking.  I love my digital camera and treated myself to the new Canon Rebel for Christmas.  It's great for both photographing projects up close and personal and the grandchildren. Don't really care about the HD movie feature - I like what I call my "Mini Movies" - short and sweet that most cameras can take.  They're good enough for me.  I got a Flip video camera about a year ago, but never used it.  Let me know if you want one.  I'm not very good at the social networking stuff.  I try to keep up, but it's quite apparent that I have a hard enough time keeping up with the blog.  I have so many things I'd like to do do here, but it's so hard to find the time when living a regular life.  I like Facebook, but only to check on friends and family photos.  I don't know how the social networkers do everything that they do.

I'm still working on the projects for the Craft SuperShow in Anaheim.  Yikes it's a little over 2 weeks away!  I'm going to be teaching two classes.  Spirelli on Friday evening and a Brushstroke Workshop on Saturday morning.  I'll also be in the Michaels booth Saturday afternoon showing a line of Woodsie kits I created for Loew-Cornell and later in the afternoon I'll be at the Barnes & Noble for a book signing for Hands on Crafts for Kids - 20 Minute Crafts.  Come see me!  I'll post project photos later this week.

Yours truly,
Julie  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment