Create a mood ring to hang by your coffee, or tea pot as a reminder to start each day with an amazing smile!
You'll need the following supplies:
Kunin® Classic Felt 9” x 12” – Red, Black and Yellow x 2
Cricut® Maker™ with Rotary blade*
8” Embroidery Hoop
Instructions - Cutting the Shapes:
1. Using the “shapes” feature in Cricut Design Space, select then cut the following felt shapes, one color at a time:
1¼" x 2” Yellow Hearts - 24-32
2” x 2” Red Hearts - 2
9” Yellow Circle - 1
1¼” x 2” Black Ovals - 2
2. Select the heart shape then size to 1¼" x 2”. Copy and paste 24 hearts on the canvas making sure they fit inside the 9" x 12" guidelines, then select "Make It".
3. Continue then select “Browse all materials”. Enter “felt” in the search field and select “felt acrylic fabric”.
4. On the next screen select Rotary Blade and "More" pressure. Place yellow felt horizontally at the top of your pink cutting mat, then cut.
5. Remove the felt from around the cut hearts, then carefully lift each heart from the mat.
6. Clear the canvas then add and cut two, 2" x 2" red hearts following above directions.
7. Cut a 9' circle from yellow felt.
8. Download the "Smile" pattern, then upload to design space and place on a new canvas.
9. Add two ovals to the same canvas. Using the shapes feature, select the circle shape. Unlock, then size to 1¼” x 2”. Place black felt on the mat then cut.
Instructions - Assembly:
1. Separate the hoop rings then center the felt circle on top of the small, inner ring. Place the large ring over the felt, sandwiching the felt circle between the 2 rings. Tighten the outer ring.
2. Arrange the the small, yellow hearts in a circle. Spread the glue on the back of the hoop rings then place the hoop, glue side down on top of the hearts. Adjust the hearts as needed then flip the hoop over to prevent it sticking to the surface. Let dry.
TIP: Working on a mat with a 1” grid is helpful when arranging the hearts. You can also draw a circle on paper for a guide.
3. Depending on where you hang your hoop, the felt embellishment pieces will easily stick to the front of the hoop without glue, so you can re-arrange them every day. If you need them to be more secure, add a small piece of the “hook” side of hook and loop tape to the back.
Have fun arranging the additional felt pieces to express your mood for the day and share a smile with everyone you meet! And yes, you’re allowed to turn the smile upside down every once in a while, but no longer than 10 mins……
Enjoy! Y'all come back now........
KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON CRAFTING!-->