I received 3 of the 4 colors. The gray shown in the photo, is the back of the silver. The back of gold and rose gold is white. I'd just purchased a new bed set for the master bedroom, but decided it needed a small decorative pillow to glam it up a bit for Spring, or until my grand daughter sees it - she's going to want this pillow for her room!
It was so easy to make and I finished in about 30 minutes - I love quick'n EZPZ..
In addition to the Oly*Fun fabric, all you need for this project is a square pillow form (mine is 12" x 12" also from Fairfield World), scissors and some tape.
1. Fold the fabric to create a 30" x 30" square then cut.
2. Place the pillow form on the back of the fabric at the center.
3. Fold the fabric up from the bottom then down from the top to overlap. Secure with a piece of tape.
4. Fold the ends as if you were wrapping a gift. Make sure the corners are sharp and that the points meet when pulled over to the center of the pillow at the back. Don't tape yet.
5. Cut a second color of metallic, 30" x 9" (I used gold). Wrap around the pillow, overlapping the ends at the back. Secure with tape.
6. Pull the sides together over the top of the gold and secure with tape.
7. Finger gather the band of gold at the front of the pillow. Carefully wrap with a twist tie, or a small piece of covered floral wire. Twist the ends together to secure, then trim.
8. Cut a small strip of rose gold, about 2" by 3". Fold the strip length ways into thirds then use to wrap around the center. Overlap then secure the ends at the back with tape.
My mum always called small, decorative pillows "scatter cushions". For decorative purposes only, they always make a big impact wherever they land!
For more fun projects with Oly*Fun metallics, check out the list of participating designers on the Designer Crafts Connection blog. Share a comment here, then hop on over to enter to win a 10 yd bolt of your own - your choice of color! Enjoy! Y'all come back now...........
KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON CRAFTING!