Sunday, February 1, 2015

Decorative Painting

It's February and LOVE is in the air, so this month Designer Crafts Connection members are posting projects, techniques, tools and things in general that they love about crafts....

I love to paint and the first "how to" craft books I was invited to write, were all about decorative painting.  My first book, Basic Steps to Painting, was written in 1992.  The book was based on learning simple painting techniques and the fact that you don't have to be an "artist" to be a decorative painter. 

 

It was followed closely by a second book, "Angels" and quite a few more.....


I don't publish painting books, or teach any more, but I still enjoy an occasional visit to a decorative painting show whenever possible to catch up with old friends and to see what is new.  Last year I was honored to be featured in the Interactive Artist Magazine, a great resource for all artists and decorative painters. 

 

Basic decorative painting techniques have changed very little over the past 20 years or so and since the art form itself is based on Folk Art from past centuries, I hope it will continue to live a long and creative life......  Enjoy!  Y'all come back now...........

Yours truly,
Julie :)

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON CRAFTING! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment