Wednesday, May 7, 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Mary, Mary, quite contrary how does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells and pretty maids all in a row!

As you no doubt know by this time, I love crafting with shells, so it was only natural that this nursery rhyme popped into my head along with this month's blog theme.  And here's my "pretty maid" made from shells:


I've always loved to craft with shells, so in the early 90's I proposed a book on shell crafts to Design Originals.  It took almost a year for the company to agree to my proposal, but Seaside Treasures was eventually published.  The book stayed in Michaels stores until about 3 years ago, when it was "updated" - basically the cover was changed and a few kid's crafts were added, but the remainder of the projects were exactly the same.  That's a pretty good shelf life and a non too subtle indication that there are some crafts that never seem to go out of style.

If I've whet your appetite for shell crafting (and you can't find a copy in your local Michaels' craft store), comment here and share this with your friends.  At the end of the month, I'll randomly select someone to receive a copy of the book together with a selection of shells from US Shell company!  Enjoy!  Y'all come back now.........

Yours truly,
Julie :)

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON CRAFTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment