Sunday, June 10, 2012

Scrapbook Soup Show 110 Now Online

Scrapbook Soup, show 110 is now airing online at www.scrapbooksouptv.com   This show will air thru noon EST, Friday, June 15th.


This first series of Scrapbook Soup is full of new, crafty ideas and a much wider variety of techniques than we have shared with you in the past.  Julie FF starts the show by showing us some art journaling techniques, using a pocket pack of water color paints from Sakura.  My dad was a graphic artist and loved water colors, but it was never an easy technique to master - at least not for the style of painting that he enjoyed.  He would, however, have loved Julie's uninhibited, free and easy technique for adding color to her page as a backdrop for her journaling.  Check out Julie's blog, Balzer Designs, for a wealth of information on all types of Art Journaling.

Christina Mauch from Elmer's joined me next for a scrapbook page designed to be wall art.

 

If you've downloaded instructions for any of the Elmer's projects over the years, you've probably noticed that I designed them.  When I design projects for manufacturers, it's not necessarily about the project - it's more about the products they sell, how to use them and why you would want to - after all, that's why they're in business.  I also try to include tips that not everyone may have thought about.  The goal for this project was to show why it's necessary to use a glue that is specifically designed for a certain surface, which is why I embellished the page with fabric and chenille as well as a couple of other things.  I have to admit, I really like the self adhesive foam board.  It was easy to cover with paper and the photograph was so easy to add to it - not a bubble or wrinkle in sight!  It's my mum and her little brother in the photo, by the way - I just love that photo.  My tip for the project was using silk flowers from the floral department at your craft store.  If you're a scrapbooker you tend to look for all your embellishments in the scrapbooking aisles,  but I purchased a stem with about 10 flowers on it for about $4.99 from the floral department which was much more economical and there are so many different flowers and colors to choose from - nuff said.........

Jo Pearson, Michaels Stores spokesperson, presented the next project - a bird cage made from a Paper Maché box.  Jo is a long time crafter like me and you'd be surprised where our creativity has taken us over the years.  This was a really fun project and so easy!


At the end of the show Julie FF shows us some of her projects she created with Washi tape.  Washi tape is..... well, why don't you head over and watch the show! 


Elmer's also has a line of "Designer Tape" which you can find at your local store.  I have some rolls on my website at Craft Lane Designs if you want to try it out.  Leave a comment here about Washi tape and I will gladly send you 6 rolls for the cost of shipping so you can try it for yourself. Plus I'll also include some additional Elmer's goodies.  They will be available June 15th and I only have a limited supply.  Y'all come back now......

Yours truly,
Julie :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Julia! I hadn't seen the Elmer's tape- I'd love to give it a try! I have a few rolls of Washi that I haven't yet gotten the courage to use but I have a few ideas for. It would be nice to try them side by side with the Elmer's and see how they compare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted photos of the tape on my website today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6/12/2012

    Hi Julie, I have not seen the tape anywhere and would love to try it. Would be glad to pay the shipping. Thanks for the offer! My guess is you are gonna be swamped! My email addy is mjcburnatyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can select colors on my website @ Craft Lane Designs (link above) and pay shipping thru PayPal. :)

      Delete