Sunday, March 4, 2012

National Craft Month!

Wow, this month is going to be a blast - as far as crafting goes anyway!  They say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb; not sure how true this is, but I do know that it is busy, busy, busy!  As well as being National Craft Month, it's my grandson's birthday this week, St. Patrick's day is on the 17th (not that I'm Irish, but it's a good excuse for a green beer), March 21st is the first day of Spring AND, the worst part, we put the clocks forward.  I just hate losing that extra hour........  Tuesday, March 6th is also craft day on HSN.  You should not miss this!  Check out the schedule at HSN.com.  Both Brenda Pinnick and Claudine Hellmuth will be featuring their kits.  You can watch on TV, or via live streams on your computer.  You can find some great products and great prices there!

I was ready to post a fun, Spring project for Designer Crafts Connection's First Monday project, but decided to share this instead:


I've hosted a scrapbook show on TV for 14 years, but, as some of you already know, I'm also a decorative painter.  Well, guess what, I like to make jewelry too!  This necklace (which I actually made to wear at CHA) is featured in the April issue of Bead Design Studio.  I really enjoy all kinds of crafts, except papier maché, I hate messing with wet stuff..... I like to knit, crochet, sew (things I learned years ago) and love embroidery and smocking.  There isn't enough time in the day to do it all, but every once in a while I'll put out knitting needles, or a crochet hook and see what I can come up with.

Don't forget to hop the DCC blogs this month.  There are a lot of giveaways and, since Spring heralds "Spring Cleaning" I'm sure I'll be pulling out some things for a giveaway in a week or two!   Y'all come back now...........

Yours truly,
Julie :)

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I did not realize you were a fashion artist as well. A true jack of many trades!

    www.mel-designs.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete