Thursday, July 21, 2011

CHA Summer Show - 2011 #1 of

I've been in Chicago since Sunday for the Craft & Hobby show.   I was presenting a seminar and moderating a panel discussion on Monday so we arrived Sunday afternoon.  The seminar was all about how to design then present projects for TV.  I've been doing this for 13 years now, so there was lots of information to share.  Kathie Stull, owner of KS Productions which produces 9 craft shows for PBS shared lots of information from the "other side of the camera" and Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, the new co-host on Scrapbook Soup, wowd the crowd with info on developing online videos.  We had a great crowd and lots of positive feedback.

It's now Thursday evening and I'm worn out......  3 days of walking and talking is fun, but, strangely enough, it's also hard work.  I've been going to the trade shows since 1991 and I really enjoy it, mainly because  I get to catch up with friends.  Here I am with Sue and Julie from Leeds in England.  I grew up in Bradford which is near Leeds so it was lovely to meet friends from "home"; I got a true "Brit fix" and some Rowntrees Fruit Pastels - yummy sweets, from a new friend from Glasgow.


 I also saw Kathy Cano-Murillo, the Crafty Chica who was decorating a tuffet,


Colleen and Marianne were in the Copic booth demoing markers and promoting a copy of their new book!!!!   Would have loved to have seen it, but someone "borrowed" it before I got there and forgot to return it.....  hopefully it will be in the stores soon :) 
 
Claudine Hellmuth demoing in the Ranger booth  


and, of course, Tim Holtz.

I found Wendy Sanger, from Tattered Angels demoing in the Walnut Hollow booth.  The mists are a great way to add color to wood.
 

It's almost midnight and hard to keep awake, but here's a few of the over 200 photos that I took of project displays, etc.  It takes quite a while to crop and reduce the file size of each photo before posting,  so I'll have to wait till the weekend to add more.






Good night...........   Y'all come back now......

Yours truly,
Julie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment