Saturday, May 28, 2011

Memorial Daze

It's been a while since I posted...... eek.... sorry, but this month has been a tad crazier and busier than usual.  It started with a couple of booklets - projects, photography, art, instructions - the whole nine yards, but lots of fun.  They're for a paint company and, as some of you may remember, I'm a decorative painter at heart and welcome any opportunity to get out the paintbrush.  These are small booklets for a chain store and once they're published I'll give you a sneak peak at a couple of the projects.  One is a booklet on glass painting and the other is on stenciling. 
It was also my birthday this month - Cinco de Mayo - so for my birthday and Mothers Day combined, hubby and I took the kids & grandkids to DisneyWorld.  We had Fish'n Chips at the Rose & Crown,


dessert in Paris and Margaritas in Mexico - all within walking distance, or, after all that food - waddling distance at Epcot.  It was SO much fun.  My granddaughter saw Tinkerbell flying from her castle in the Magic Kingdom and hugged fairies and princesses.

 
My grandson saw a preview of the new Cars movie and can't wait till June 24th.     


And, drum roll please, I had my face painted for the first time!!  It covered up the wrinkles nicely.


My granddaughter looked SO much cuter.  (I don't usually share family photos in a public forum, but this is SO cute I couldn't resist.)


I could  use some eye make-up lessons from Johnny Depp's "look-a-like".......LOL


After the magic and madness of Disney we arrived home to a dead battery........  then eventually we got home to a week of storms, tornadoes, hail and high winds.......  and a bout of pneumonia for my hubby, so this is my new mantra.......

                                      


Keep Calm and Carry On..........

It's a holiday weekend - hope it's a fun one for everyone.   I, for one, am taking it easy....very easy....


                                     

y'all come back and don't forget the next giveaway will be on June 6th - 0606!

Yours truly,
Julie :)


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/29/2011

    Absolutely darling photos! My 2 granddaughters are at Disney World at this very moment!! I recognized Cinderella from the mobile pictures they've been sending! Happy for you, that you get a chance to spend with your family!

    Holly Cadam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete