Monday, March 22, 2010

Winter's Last Hurrah!

"The March wind doth blow and we shall have snow and what will the Robin do then, poor thing.  
He'll sit in a barn and keep himself warm and hide his head under his wing, poor thing...." 
Old English nursery rhyme.

Guess what!.......   It snowed this weekend!  On the first day of Spring!  In Texas! And oh boy was it cold!!!!  With the wind chill, it was about 24 degrees...brrrrrr........  It wouldn't have been so bad if the temperature hadn't reached 74˚ the day before.  I was kicking myself for not getting out to prune the roses last week and now I'm glad I didn't.  Probably won't get out this week either.  I have a rotten cold and am still trying to get rid of a cough I brought home from Cleveland.  Yuk!  Good excuse for a hot toddy though.  Hot water, lemon juice, honey and a wee bit o'brandy or whiskey.........  not sure it helps the cold, but it does make one feel a little better. 

Getting ready to take part in a Sizzix blog hop - soon as my head clears a little, so please check back in a day or two.  You also need to hop over to Julie FFB's blog.  She's doing some online classes for Prima and they are absolutely brilliant.  Enjoy!

Yours truly,
Julie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment